Who We Are
Chicago Tennis Patrons is the fund raising arm of the Chicago District Tennis Association (CDTA).
As a separate not-for-profit tax-exempt corporation, the CTP may accept tax-deductible contributions.
- The CTP is a 100% volunteer organization whose primary focus is helping kids in the greater Chicago area through the sport of tennis.
- Our programs are funded by contributions from generous individuals and organizations.
- Virtually all (approximately 96%) of the funds contributed by our sponsors are re-invested in the youth programs and the scholarships we support.
Mission & Values
Our mission is to positively impact the lives of kids in the greater Chicago area by providing access to tennis programs that help kids develop a healthy, active lifestyle while learning values and life skills necessary to be successful in life and a positive contributor in their communities.
The youth programs we support provide a safe and positive environment that helps kids by:
- encouraging a healthy / active lifestyle
- promoting values, such as confidence, sportsmanship and respect
- teaching life skills, such as leadership, responsibility and managing emotions
- developing the life skills that open opportunities for scholarships … and a lifetime of fun
- creating social opportunities that result in a broad network of lifetime friendships
- exposing kids to diversity which provides them with a broader life perspective
- engaging parents to become involved with their kids and their local communities
What We Do
The Chicago Tennis Patrons offers grants and scholarships to support tennis programs for children who might otherwise not have the opportunity to develop their talents and potential.
- Our programs provide all children regardless of income, race, gender or ability the opportunity develop athletic and social skills in a safe and positive environment.
- Grants and scholarships are also provided to support high performance tennis programs and individual junior tennis players who have shown promise and potential.